2018 "Lytton Springs" Zinfandel
Lytton Springs Vineyard, Dry Creek Valley, CA
What we love
The 2018 Lytton Spring Zinfandel from Ridge is exceptional from start to finish. Blackberry, pepper and licorice notes on the nose. Full-bodied with ripe plum, well integrated tannins and a long, lingering finish. Considering it is the highest-scoring Lytton Zin of all time and the price of this American classic, it should be in all cellars, in our opinion. How this wine costs barely over $40 is mind-boggling!
About this Wine
Elegant, layered and so complete, the 2018 has a lot to offer. The nose is lush and open, the full-bodied palate combines intense, powerful flavors with a silty structure, and it finishes with loads of juicy layers. It’s stunning straight from bottle but will have more to give with time in the cellar. Cheers!
- 96 points, The Wine Advocate
- 96 points, Vinous
- 94 points (Cellar Selection), Wine Enthusiast
Hand-harvested, sustainably grown, estate grapes; destemmed and crushed; fermented on the native yeasts, followed by full malolactic; oak from barrel aging; minimum effective sulfur for this wine.
- 72% Zinfandel, 18% Petite Sirah, 8% Carignane, 2% Mataro
- Alcohol: 14.5% | pH: 3.70
- Barrels: 100% air-dried American oak barrels (10% new, 25% one year-old, 15% two year-old, 15% four years-old and 20% five years-old).
- Aging: Fourteen months in barrel
YOU HAVE ONE OF AMERICA'S PREMIER WINE TALENTS SELECTING WINES, JUST FOR YOU.
AND, WE'RE ACCESSIBLE!
Pairing ideas, coming up! Recommendations, we’ve got your back! Ask us anything.